It’s A Girl Thing: Back to School Make-up Tips (For college girlies!)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I’ve tried a lot of make-up brands back in college and it’s only during my senior and after-college years that I found what suits me best. It took a while because I barely know anything about make-ups and other time-consuming things that it comes with. Plus, college consists of stress, more stress and trying-to-be-cute-for-this-guy-in-marketing-class days. Haha. So since I have learned the dos and don’ts, I’m not gonna be selfish about it and I’ll share it with you guys! :) The tips and reviews that I’ll share here are more likely what I do on a daily basis-slash-working days.
Disclaimer: These are the products that works for me and might not always work for some of you. Peace out! :D
PS. I have an oily skin type.
1. Neutrogena Deep Clean Brightening Foaming Cleanser - This is a new discovery and I love it like woah! The product is used to cleanse and tighten your pores for a fresher and radiant skin. This is a must-have because you tend to travel from home to school everyday so your face needs to breath from all those dirt that your skin traps.
2. Celeteque Facial Moisturizer - With this moisturizer, my skin became more silky smooth and supple. This doesn’t have a sticky finish unlike other moisturizers so it’s freakin’ amazeballs for my skin. I also learned that before you put any make-up, whether you’re oily or not, you should always use a moisturizer because it helps!
3. Clean & Clear Oil Control Film - Also known as blotting sheets. It serves as your oil remover whenever you have a make-up on. This one from Clean & Clear became my favorite because it’s exceptional from all the other drugstore blotting sheets I’ve tried my whole life. Plus, it smells good and your make-up won’t be smudged.
1. Maybelline BB White - This serves as my protection from the sun because it has fucking SPF 50! Like omg I can live under the sun! Hahaha. However, I don’t use this everyday because I noticed that my face became whiter than my original complexion haha. I don’t want that. But if you do, no one’s stopping you. ;)
2. Maybelline Super Mineral 24 Foundation - This is my go-to foundation for a while now. It doesn’t stay for 24hrs like what the PR manager of the product said, but it’s good for at least 6 to 8 hrs which is pretty decent already. Very good for oily skin, it doesn’t crease and it leaves you matte!
3. Essence Mattifying Compact Powder - You need to have a setting powder because it is the most reasonable make-up that you’ll need in case you have to retouch. However, I don’t always use large amount of this powder because it becomes a bit cakey if I do. Try to balance since you have a matte foundation already.
4. Sophie Magic Cream Blush - My holy grail pink blush since college! It gives you a natural pink look which is advised if you wanna achieve the natural make-up look for school.
5. Powder Brush - It took me four years before I realized that I need to use brushes when I do my make-up. Trust me, it’s easier.
1. Nichido Eyelash Curler - Well you know, any eyelash curler will do. Haha.
2. Maybelline The Hyper Curl Volum Express - Maybelline has the best set of mascaras in the drugstore. This one’s waterproof and it doesn’t make your lashes look like it’s in World War II.
3. Elf Eyebrow Kit - Defining your eyebrows is a must because I swear (like I’ve never sworn before) that it will change your face. You’ll instantly look like Marilyn Monroe if you do. This one has a gel and powder formula. If you’re just starting to do make-up, might as well get a pencil eyebrow liner. Nichido and Ever Bilena has the best ones.
4. Revlon Photoready Concealer - This is my undereye concealer. You will be needing one because college will make you insomniac for sure. Any decent concealer will do but you must have one.
5. Concealer Brush - I don’t always use fingers to pat dry my concealer so I use a brush instead. This is optional so whatever works for you is okay.
1. My Lips Eat Cherry - To achieve the naturally healthy looking lips, a lip tint is here to rescue! Haha. Plus, it could also be used as a cheek tint. I bought this at The Face Shop and it has become my favorite face shop product. Haha. Ideal for a quick retouch as well.
2. FS Matte Lipstick in Ambrosia - Since you’re just in college, you don’t wanna over-do your make-up, right? Use a fresh tone or pink shade lippies for a younger and vibrant look. A cheaper alternative for this lipstick is the Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Off-beat Pink.
3. Lipstick Brush - I use this for any matte lipstick to avoid making it too thick. This is optional as well. ‘Cause you know, this is just me. Haha
This post is very long huh… Hahaha. Hmm, is it too much? Well, it will still depend on you guys if you’re gonna wear make-up or not. It’s just that for me, at one point or another (esp when you’re gonna apply for work na) you have to put make-up on so you need to have at least a little knowledge about it. :)
So, I hope you guys learned something from this post and if you have questions, never hesitate to leave a comment below (you just have to log-in via twitter/fb) or leave a msg on my ask box. I’d be more than happy to talk to y’all!